วันจันทร์ที่ 16 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Wagon Wheel Restaurant Review, Escondido California

The Wagon Wheel has been an institution in Escondido, California for over 40 years now. On what seems to be only the second set of owners in it's history the restaurant gives patrons the chance to step back in time to enjoy a home cooked meal in a comfortable red leather booth while paying prices that would remind you more of 1985 then 2005.

I recently had the opportunity to enjoy dinner on a Friday evening at the Wagon Wheel Restaurant in Escondido, CA. Located off of the 78 Freeway it is easy to locate with plenty of parking both in front and in back, an old wooden building houses one of the oldest running restaurants in San Diego county.

After finding my way to a corner booth I started by ordering a soda to drink, the restaurant does not currently carry a liquor license in part to keep to their family friendly attitude. I then found a special board (located just above the entrance to the kitchen and written in chalk).

I ordered the baby back ribs special which was accompanied by a salad to start, side of potatoes (I chose French fries), another side dish (I chose vegetables), as well as a choice of bread either roll or cornbread.

So how was everything? Extremely good. The salad was the classic house salad which was a nice place to start. The ribs came out and had clearly been cooked at a low temperature for a long period of time, the sauce was perfect. The French fries when combined with my wife's onion rings ordered showed off the best of 1950's American cooking. Lightly battered and fried when it was ordered and served piping hot. Lastly I found some space for dessert as there was an old portrait above a window of a piece of cherry cheesecake. To put it in a word: splendid.

I hope anyone living in San Diego county or south Riverside county will consider the Wagon Wheel restaurant in Escondido next time they are looking for a restaurant to visit. As opposed to the generic chain restaurants like TGI Friday's, Chile's, Applebees or Denny's you'll be paying less while getting much better (and more) food from a family owned restaurant. I always enjoy being able to stop in say hello and be able to have an owner there working the restaurant and making the food. Personally, I'd rather spend my money in a restaurant where I know the family that I'm supporting, as opposed to a large corporation to which I have no connection with.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น